Data Protection Policy
Garforth Camera Club (GCC) is established with the objects set out in its Constitution to serve the interests of its Members.
The personal information referred to in this policy may include name, distinctions, contact details, membership records, records of entries to events and such other information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the GCC.
- Contact Details
- For the essential running of the GCC contact details of its members are held and accessed by other members.
- The GCC will consider full contact information to be an individual’s home address, telephone numberand Email contact. (Contact List)
- Any person wishing to verify the information held by the GCC, or who can correct or update that information, should contact the GCC Secretary or Treasurer.
- The collection and purposes of data.
- The GCC collects data for the following purposes.Notice of GCC Club Actions, Events and Meetings.
- Notice of GCC photographic events, that are of general interest, will be sent out usually by Email, displayed on the GCC website or occasionally by post to members.
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting, or an Extraordinary Meeting will be sent out to members and displayed on the GCC website.
- The contact list above is used for these purposes.
- General Business. The GCC may hold the personal information for anyone contacting the GCC, or whom the GCC contacts for the purpose of conducting its general business.
- This information is held to satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement.
- Data retention and availability
- For a member wishing to leave the GCC all its current contact data will be deleted when notice has been received and any final administrative matters have been terminated.
- For a club member not wishing the GCC to hold individual contact details, then a request for deletion should be made to the GCC Secretary or Treasurer. This may result in the member not being informed about events etc.
- The GCC will retain records of all meetings, photographic events, competitions and awards indefinitely.
- The details of financial transactions will be retained indefinitely.
- Individual contact details will not be made available to third parties.
- If a third party wishes to contact an individual member this will only be done in collaboration with that member.
- Upon request a YPU Lecturer or Judge will be supplied with contact details of a club official.
R. V. Smith. 11 Mar 2018